Wednesday, November 29, 2006

New Tradition

First, I need to state that this is not Stephen. He is allowing me to use his log-in under duress.
Now that the disclaimers are out of the way let me start controversy. I am proprosing a New Baily Family Tradition where upon highschool graduation family members names are put into a drawing for family Christmas gifts. This would mean that Jordan is in and we need to devise a way to draw names while far apart and do it quickly so I can finish Christmas shopping and Stephen can close his budget for the year. I know this is a big step but, I think it will be a good one for many reasons: #1 I believe all of J.C. Bailey's grandchildren will graduate highschool in the normal time period, further graduations and major life changes are due to irrigularities #2 If we set a limit of $50 or so I might actually be able to get Jordan something she would like if I draw her name. #3 If we draw names earlier next year it increases the possibilities for buttering-up the giver by the receiver ....Em is now crying out her support from her crib I will add her reasons in support of this new tradition after a diaper change.
Bailey family here is your topic discuss amongst yourselves...

4 comments:

LeeAnn said...

Okay...as the mother of an almost high school graduate it just seems so young to be in with all the married people. But if Jordan is good with it then it is fine with us...and Bailey will follow suit. Once again Jordan you have to take the role as the oldest grandchild. One point I'm 100% in agreement with is that we need to draw names! With football still going on I better get organized soon!

John Bailey said...

Since Papa and I are not part of the name drawing, i don't need to have an opinion, but I did talk to Jordan about it and she didn't seem to want to be the one to make the decision, but seemed allright with whatever decision was made. No one will admit to feeling at all strongly about it but Stephanie ( and Stephen), so speak up or forever hold your peace.Rose

Jordan said...

I am ok with whatever decision is made and it seems like I am going to be an adult, so when are we drawing because I'm going shopping this weekend.

mzbailey said...

We drew names today at Caitlin's basketball game...I need suggestions for all of the cousins, sister-in-laws and brother-in-laws. My shopping time will be very limited. Online shopping my be my only option...the sooner I get lists the better for all on the receiving end.