Saturday, September 05, 2009

Tibet Patient Before & After Surgery

A young man from near Changde saw the signs telling of our free cleft surgeries in Changde. A year ago he had visited Tibet to share the gospel and found this young boy. So he made his way back to Tibet and brought both the boy and his father to Changde. This meant a total of two weeks for him to get to Tibet and then travel back to Changde. The three them walked over the mountains for three days to the nearest bus station. Then for four more days they walked, traveled by bus and train until they arrived in Changde. Both the father and the son were all smiles when the surgeons agreed to work late one day so the surgery could be completed. The patient had both a cleft lip and palate, and our surgeons wanted to do both, but the local officials over ruled and the little boy just has his lip repaired. This case was worth the trip.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

LeeAnn said...

Oh my goodness Dad he looks incredible! I'm so happy to see his "after" picture since we left Changde before the surgery was completed. He was the sweetest thing and I am amazed at the beautiful outcome. Make sure Caitlin sees this...she totally fell in love with him.

Melissa said...

Dr. John, this is an amazing story. I have looked at his picture several times. His world has been changed forever. I received the cd with all the pictures. Thank you so much for sending them. I take so much for granted and am so blessed to live where I do. Thank you, thank you, thank you for sharing with me. And you are right, too graphic for the blog. But you know me. I liked them. Pretty cool. Thanks again.