Friday, June 23, 2006

Brown Family Summer...so far

Okay bloggers...things are a bit slow on the Bailey Family blog so I thought I would fill you in on the West Texas members. First of all I have done very little to report on but everyone else is quite busy. Tod has been preaching this month while Ronnie is on vacation. We just hired a new small groups minister so that will help with Tod's load a bit. He just returned from YouthWave Austin today and once again it was an amazing week. Bailey has been in Abilene for almost three weeks now. She is loving it and has made a great group of friends. She is taking two classes and doing great in both so far. She feels like MCS has prepared her well compared to the other Junior Scholars and she even had the highest first test grade in her psychology class...she is finding it very interesting to be in class with people in their 20's. She will be finished July 5th and I think she will be ready to see her friends and maybe her family too! Bailey and Hutton will be going to YouthWave Pepperdine in July and Bailey will go to cheerleading camp at Texas Tech too. Hutton has really been just in and out of Midland so far. He went on the youth group mission trip to Mexico and after being home a few days headed to Colorado to fish with a group of friends and a couple of dads. He is playing summer league basketball when he can and the football coaches mentioned they hadn't seen him much this summer but I explained that I hadn't either. He is now on a houseboat trip on Lake Travis with the McGraws. We are going to head to Dallas this Friday to see Les Mis...one of his birthday presents. On July 2nd he will leave to be a counselor at Op Camp for the first time. After YouthWave he will settle in and get ready for 2 a days. Connor went on a 2 and a half week trip with Tod's parents to the Northeast and had a ball. He did everything from a Yankees game to Amish country and loved it all. He will be going to McAllen for a 7th grade mission trip, to Panama with his friend Tanner and Tanner's dad for another mission and then to church camp with me and Reagan. He is also trying to work out for football when in town and playing summer league basketball...he had 6 points last night. Now for Reagan...I am basically trying to keep him busy and not too bored. We are spending a lot of quality mom and Reagan time together. He did tennis camp this week and charmed all the coaches...especially the college girls. They all think he has great potential and he won his first match against an older boy...I told his coach we didn't need another sport but we were enjoying camp...I'm sure everyone is busy but we need news. I will try and get Bailey to blog soon. Have a safe and fun July!

3 comments:

Stephen Bailey said...

Just a normal Brown summer, right? Glad to hear everyone is doing well. Tell Reagan I got out the old racquet this week and played tennis with one of our new members from church. I was rusty to say the least and sore after using muscles I haven't used for awhile, but it was fun. We'll have to go hit sometime. Thanks for the update. Wish we were going to Les Mis with you.

mzbailey said...

Tod - J needs a Zaccheus outline. Do you have one that you will share?
I thought our summer schedule was packed until I read about all that your kids are involved in. Hope everyone continues to have great summer. Enjoy Les Mis...it is wonderful. J and I get to see Oklahoma tonight at the Bass since Jordan is out of the country with Papa. Please keep them both in your daily prayers.

John Bailey said...

Great blog. I followed Connor's trip on the Brown blog. Bailey is for all practical purposes and college girl. I don't like that. It sounds as if Reagan is going to have to chose to limit his sport. I hope Hutton's experiences at camp will get him ready for our medical mission trip in 2007. More pictures next time.