Tuesday, February 21, 2006

John C. Bailey Family Blog

John C. Bailey Family Blog
I finally got to my blog site and was hoping to see messages from home, but I guess the blogging business is slow in our family. We are having a very success trip. After a little delay in arriving, we have been at full speed since arriving. The team is a very congenial group and some very gifted surgeons and medical personel make it a lot of fun.
I have worked in a village on Monday. Today (Tuesday) a I spent here at the Clinica Ezell. I watch the plastic surgeons do a couple of cases and learned a lot. Tomorrow we will go to another village. My assistant speaks no English so it should be interesting.
Greg Dayton is doing well and is much appreciated. He plans to go to one of the villages on Thursday.
This is a great place to work and to work out of. I don't know that I am needed here as much as most places I go, but I do enjoy coming and make a small contribution to the overall success of the mission.
Hope to be home on Saturday.
I love you all.
Papa

3 comments:

LeeAnn said...

Dad,
It sounds like things are going well. We have had a busy week around here. Hutton has started track and golf season. The track coach talked him into running distance for the Mustangs and is letting him do workouts during 5th period so he can golf after school. Bailey has been sick this week with the flu and strep throat so her golfing is on hold right now. Connor finished his basketball season this week and Reagan will be through on Friday. His team made it to the championship...playing a team we have never beat. We are hoping they will be overconfident. Reagan has baseball tryouts on Saturday. I have been working the last two days and will do another shift on Saturday. Tod is working hard and holding things together on the days I work. Can't wait to hear details of your trip...

love,
lee ann

Stephen Bailey said...

Dr. John,
Thanks for the update. I just pulled into the office from lectureships at ACU. Sang with Zoe the last two nights, spent some good time with Brandon. It was fun to sing tenor and not be in charge. Had a Canadian reunion. Saw John McMillan, Geoff Ellis and Lynn Anderson. See you when you get home.

Jordan said...

Hey Papa! Glad to hear the trip is going well. I'm excited about Nicaragua this summer. Love you bunches and don't get too worn out!
-Jordan