Sunday, February 26, 2006

Nias, Indonesia - March 3 - 24, 2006

Each time I go to Nias I tell myself I will never go back. The working conditions are not good. The sleeping and eating arrangements lack almost everything. The roads are terrible and the driving is hazzardous. But the need is great, the opportunities are endless and the way seems clear for me to go.

This is one of the surgeries that was done at the Lukas Hospital last December. When the patient came to the clinic both eyes looked like the right eye. This patient was blind before the surgery and now can see with her left eye.

Working with T.E.A.R.S. and some service organizations in Madan, we hope to complete 200 surgeries and see 2000 patients in village medical/dental clinics between March 7 and March 20. The cost to do one cataract surgery is $125.00. We hope to complete 800 cataract surgeries in 2006 and BandS Ministries hopes to pay for 134 of the 800 planned.

Why do I go? This quote from Charles Coulston says it best. "We need to be standing at the giving end of human need." I believe that is where Jesus stands.

I will not be able to communicate with you while on the island of Nias. Please remember to check on Rosalyn often and I would appreciate your prayers.
Papa Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

John Bailey said...

Thanks Jim for your continuous prayers.