Monday, July 14, 2008

Honor to Whom Honor Is Due

 

Dr. Samuel Cariaga is a general surgeon. His wife Elvie is an accountant. They are two of the finest Christians I have ever worked with. Dr. Sam works full time for BandS and is our representative in the Philippines. Elvie keeps our books and is so thorough in her work that I sometimes get bored reading the details. She refuses any pay and says it is her ministry in the Lord. Dr. Sam conducts many medical clinics in churches that are isolated and very difficult to get to. Recently he drove 7 hours and walked another 5 to get to the village he had promised to help. More than 200 patients were treated including several minor surgeries.

The churches in these small towns are asked to feed the volunteers who make up the team that travels with Sam. They also open their homes for the workers to have a place to stay.

The medical mission for this week had to be cancelled due to the unrest in the area where BandS had planned to go. The communists and government forces were fighting and it was too dangerous to travel. We have rescheduled the campaign for later in the fall.

Dr. Sam, Elvie and their two children are a great asset to the Kingdom and I am honored to have them as partners in the work we do in the Philippines.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Dr. John, I hope that you don't mind that I post on your family blog but I am so glad that you are using this blog again. I have enjoyed the pictures as well as the stories. You are an inspiration to so many people. I know you do the work that you do because you love the people and not because you want any recognition. But, I for one salute you and say thank you for showing me what it is to love your brother. I love you and wish you well. Hope your eyes are better soon. Would love to hear more and see more and I know that everyone else would too. Keep up the blogging and teach Rose to do it as well. Or rather encourage her to use it. Love you all. Melissa.

John Bailey said...

Melissa, you are such a good encourager. I appreciate your comments and will do what I can to get Rosalyn to blog. You have been a real blessing to our family and we love you.
John