Monday, July 28, 2008

Outside/Insude

 

 

These two beautiful girls have pretty smiles, but when you look into their mouths you see they have major defects. Both of them have had surgery and have gone home and I am sorry to say I do not have an "after" photo.

We face different problems each day. Two of our surgeons have left, but we are keeping the OR's busy with the ones we have. Mary and Della Marie departed this morning for Sualt Ste. Marie, Ontario. Mary was having a lot of problems with asthma and Della Marie had family members at home that were facing major surgery. We hated to see them go because they were both great workers in the hospital.

We are sending all of the babies who weigh less than 10Kg to another hospital for surgery. They have better facilities for pediatric care and we will not be able to get to everyone as it is. We have agreed to pay a set fee for each surgery.

I have never seen polution as bad as it is here. When I think that they are planning to play some of the Olympic soccer games here, I feel for the players and am concerned about their health.

Here is a quote from a letter from a surgeon who worked with us last year. "I took my bath in May. Part of my decision to do this was made on my association with you last year in Xi'an."
Do you know what he means and why he is writing in code?
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

LeeAnn said...

Love you guys and so glad to hear from you about the trip. Tod and I had a great visit with Salvador at the BandS booth at the mission conference. He filled us in on the Give a Goat misistry. Reagan has still been on the golf course most days and we are taking the senior class from church on a retreat to the lake this weekend. Miss you and are so proud of all of you.

melinda said...

Hi, this is Melinda, Greg's wife. Do you think by bath he meant baptism? Hope the rest of your time there and trip home goes smoothly!