Friday, July 07, 2006

Arrived Safely in Indonesia

I had a good trip to Medan, Indonesia. The first leg of the trip was to SF and I had plenty to read, so the time passed quickly. The longest leg was from SF to Tokyo. I was able to sleep about 4 hours of the 11 it took to fly. It was day light and we went from Wednesday morning to Thursday night without any darkness.
From Tokyo to Singapore is about 6 hours and the arrival time was 11.30 p. There is a very nice hotel in the international arrival area and I had a room reserved. They have made improvements since I last stayed there and it is atlest a **** hotel now.

The trip from Singapore to Medan is just a little over an hour, and they try to feed us breakfast. It was not a breakfast I wanted to eat.

One of the usual things that happens is that the baggage crew holds back a few bags and about the time you get the form for lost baggage filled out they suddenly find them. In the great rejoicing hour they ask if you would like to give them a little something for finding your bag. I fell for this the first time, but this time I told them I knew what was going on. The custom inspector was a part of the plan and did seem a little embarassed when I called their hand.
I took several out to dinner last night as we made arrangements to do 20 cleft lip repairs here in Medan. We negotiated a price and we will do the first ones on Wednesday, the day I fly to Singapore on my way to Manila.

I am out of time.
Love to all,
Papa

No comments: