Friday, July 21, 2006

Philippines - July 2006

When the mud slide buried 3000 people near St. Bernard on the island of Leyte, it left a number of high school students as orphans. Their school was about a mile away from the village and they survived. Sunrise Christian College offered 12 girls scholarships. The only problem was they did not have a dorm to house them. BandS was able to contribute enough funds to build this dorm and to dig a well for the water supply. I went to take part in the opening ceremonies. I had a great time with the staff and the orphans. The girls prepared the meal and the dormitory for the opening ceremony. The local TV and paper covered the event and it was given prime time on the evening news. I think it was very good publicity for our work and the work of Sunrise Christian College.







Posted by Picasa I was also able to visit Tagaytay and enjoy the fellowship of the church there. Many of you remember that we asked for prayers for Lyn, pictured here. She has had thyroid surgery and is making very good progress in her recovery. Thanks for you help and for your concern.

1 comment:

Stephen Bailey said...

Glad you had a safe trip. Someday I'll get to go with you. Although, the way my eyes mist just reading about it and seeing the pictures I'm not sure if I'm fit to help. Thanks for living out the calling of Matthew 28 by living out the calling of Matthew 25. I'm proud of you!