Sunday, April 02, 2006

Happy Birthday

This is one of my favorite pictures of the birthday girl. It was taken at Lake Louise, Canada on a vacation trip a couple of years ago.

One thing all Bailey men have in common is that we married far better than we deserved. This is particularily true in my case. I am grateful that she has more than tolerated me (even loved me)for more than 45 years.

Our children and grandchildren can rejoice in having this lady in their linage. She has it all. Just look at how pretty she is. You all remember the great story of her athletic achievment at Farrington Field running in the sixth grade relays.
Who else in our family picked up at batchelors and masters degrees in four years and did so with grades that are reflected in the honors on her degrees? None of us.

So send her your love and congratulations and she will keep sending you birthday money.

Papa Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Stephen Bailey said...

Great post Dad and so true. I'm thankful that you have done your best not to repeat the sins of your father while at the same time holding on to all of his good traits and passing those along to your sons. Chiefly, the wisdom to marry WAY above ourselves. If Mother's are the glue that hold families together, we must have a direct line to the Elmer's factory!
Happy birthday Rose, I'm glad you were born!

LeeAnn said...

Happy Birthday Mom. You truly grow more beautiful every year! I think that the highest compliment Tod has ever paid you was when we were first married and he said that he would be very blessed if I was like you as we grew older. I'm not sure I will accomplish that but what a goal to strive for! Thanks for loving God, being my mom, being a wonderful wife and an outstanding Rose...my kids adore you and so do I.

Lovell's Lookout said...

I hope it's ok to "peek in" on the Bailey family blog. I just LOVE the Bailey family. Happy Birthday Rose. I was so blessed to grow up around women like you- it showed Stephen and I what to look for. I too am in the "Married Way Above my Head" club. God Bless you today!!! Ty Lovell