Wednesday, January 04, 2006

First of Nine MM trips - 2005

Jan. 12-20 I worked in the Cebu, Babag, Tagaytay and Manila, Philippines. This was my fifth trip to the Philippines and it almost seems like going home. We have many friends there and they always are a great team to work with.

On my left are two public health dentists from Cebu. I always try to work with the local dentist and make sure I am not taking away any of their paying patients.

We have planted churches in a number of places where we first held a free clinic.

Salvador Cariago, native Filipino and long time evangelist in this area, has planted a number of congregations and he has shown great leadership skills in the work he does.
We have been friends for many, many years.
A trip to the Philippines is usually filled with things to do from early morning until late at night. What they consider a full schedule is for me to have breakfast with a group of church members at 7 a.m. Be at the clinic by 9 a.m. and see about 30 patients. The problem is that they always have just three more patients who have been waiting for hours. After you see three more they tell you there are now just four more that need to be treated. We eat lunch with all the workers about 2 p.m. and have a late afternoon session with some of the men discussing church leadership or some other topic of their choosing. After dinner with one of the church families, I lecture on some church related subject and have question and answer session until late into the night.

The Legacy Church in North Richland Hills, Texas sponsors some work in the Philippines and they are generous in their support of me when I travel there. I expect to make one or two trips a year there for several more years.

John Posted by Picasa

No comments: